PURPOSE OF THIS NOTICE
This notice describes how and why Pansensic Ltd (“we”, “our” and “us”) collect and use personal data and provides information about individuals’ rights in accordance with data protection legislation. It applies to personal data provided to us, both by individuals themselves or by others. Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable living person.
‘Data protection legislation’ means all applicable privacy and data protection legislation and regulations including:
• Before 25 May 2018, the Data protection Act 1998; and
• From 25 May 2018 onwards, the GDPR, and any applicable national laws, regulations and secondary legislation in the UK relating to the processing of personal data and the privacy of electronic communications, as amended, replaced or updated from time to time.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
• Email address
• First name and last name
• Phone number
• Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
• Cookies and Usage Data
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users.
1. Electronic Newsletters. We offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Pansensic gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter.
2. Message Boards/ Forums. Users of the site’s Message Boards and Forums must register separately for these services (both are free of charge) in order to post messages, although they needn’t to register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
3. Polling. We may offer interactive polls to users, so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what our audience thinks about important issues. Opinions or other responses to polls are aggregated and are not identifiable to any particular user. Pansensic may use a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
4. Surveys. Pansensic may occasionally conduct user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our partners. We never share any information about specific individuals with any third party.
Pansensic tracks user traffic patterns throughout our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Pansensic does break down overall usage statistics according to a user’s domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser).
Pansensic sometimes tracks and catalogues the search terms those users enter to our Search function, but this tracking is never associated with individual users. We use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read but, rather, how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better Service for you.
USE OF INFORMATION
Pansensic uses information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalised elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As states above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in polls, surveys, message boards, and forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Pansensic never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
We use tracking information to determine which areas and our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read but, rather, how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better Service for you. We track search terms entered in Search function as one of many measures of what interests our users. We don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
We will share personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us and our client or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
“Third parties” includes third-party service providers and other professional advisers and entities within our firm’s network. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: IT and cloud-based services, website hosting, data back-up, professional advisory services, and banking services.
All of our third-party service providers are required to take commercially reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect personal data. We only permit our third-party service providers to process personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Pansensic operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We will only retain personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
• The requirements of our business and the services provided;
• Any statutory or legal obligations;
• The purpose for which we originally collected the personal data;
• The lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
• The types of personal data we have collected;
• The amount and categorise of your personal data;
• Whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means.
RIGHTS OF ACCESS, CORRECTION, ERASURE, AND RESTRICTION
Individuals’ duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware of by contacting us, using the contact detailes below.
Individuals’ rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
• Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
- Request to view the organisations Data Protection Impact Assessments. We have refrained from publishing these online due to a possible security breach.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email our Privacy and Compliance Manager at point of contact email@example.com.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
In the limited circumstances where an individual may have provided consent to the collection, processing and transfer of their personal data for a specific purpose, they have a right to withdraw consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw you consent, please email our Privacy & Compliance Manager at point of contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your personal information (personal data) for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updated on our website www.pansensic.com
This privacy notice was last updated: October 2018
If you have any questions regarding this notice or if you would like to speak to us about a manner in which we process your personal data, please email our Privacy & Compliance Manager at email@example.com or telephone +442034329804
You also have the right to make a compliant to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane
Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone- 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 747